Thursday, October 30, 2014

L.C.I Skills Challenge




This is my logo, t-shirt design for the L.C.I tech. skills challenge. I started creating this logo with the first step in the design process which is, know your objective. My objective was to create a logo for a skills challenge taking place at L.C.I. The logo has to show the different types of tech. courses offered at L.C.I. Once I knew my objective I had to do some research. First I had to figure out what types of technological courses are offered a L.C.I, the courses were auto mechanics, cyber arts, cosmetology, culinary, construction, and communication. Then from there I created a idea board on pinterest, the idea board came in handy because from it I got some inspiration to create the logo. The next step in creating my logo was drawing 15 to 20 thumb nail sketches, from there I picked my favourite one that also worked best for the skills challenge. And then I started tracing it on the computer using the program illustrator. With illustrator I also added colour and font. And then I was all done the creative process.

For my final logo I chose a pale green colour, I really liked this colour because it looked good on the black t-shirt background or the white or the bright blue background. Also its just a really nice colour. The other elements and principles of design I used are line, shape and movement. I showed line in the outline of everything in the logo. I showed shape within the earth and the bars. I showed movement with the bars, the bars help move your eyes around the picture smoothly and easily. 

Over all I am satisfied with the way my logo turned out, I think it shows the concept of the skills challenge well and it looks very clean and visually pleasing to look at. I also think I met the objective that I was given at the beginning of this assignment, because I think my logo is sending the appropriate message very clearly and easily. Over all I think my logo turned out very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment