Monday, October 3, 2016

Lighting Workshop


This photo uses studio light. I used the 2 small lights and I placed them, behind Basma, 4 feet from the wall. They were pointed toward the wall and the wall bounced the light back at the camera. I placed Basma a few feet away from the background, I also chose a white background because that was the background that we spent time using during the workshop. Basma has a very slight smile on her face as the expression I really think it ties the whole photo together because the soft expression matches the soft lighting. And finally I chose to shoot this photo horizontally because during the work shop we were told to only shoot that way. Over all I really like this photo for the soft lighting and dramatic feel.
This photo uses open shadow as the lighting. I really love this photo because we were outside and the lighting was still very soft. It was completely over cast that day so I was able to create the soft lighting with out to much trouble. I placed Basma in front of this blue door because it was a very pretty solid background. Also because the blue contrasted very nicely with Basma's dark shawl. I love the facial expression Basma is making in this photo. The smile looks very genuine and I feel like it ties the whole photo together. Just like the previous photo I shot this one horizontally because of the work shop. Over all I really like this photo because of how cheerful it looks.
This last photo is shot using open shadow, but I also used a reflector with the white side pointed up. I like this photo because the lighting causes Basma's skin to look so clear and healthy. I placed her in front of the brick wall because I wanted a simple background so that Basma was the main focus. I like the smile that Basma has in this photo because the lighting makes her teeth look very white and bright. Also because it gives the photo a very happy feel. I placed Basma in the middle of the frame because its an easy way to make her the focal point of the photo, also because it looked really nice with the geometric brick wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment