Tuesday, January 17, 2017

My Music Video


Music Video - Written Reflection

    The song I chose for my music video is called “Here for You” by Kygo feat. Ella Henderson. I chose this song because I wanted a song that was fun to listen to with less lyrics and a good melody and beat to listen too. And “Here for You” was perfect. I made the decision to film my music video is Europe, more specifically France, Amsterdam and Belgium, due to timing. Also I figured that Europe would make a great setting/subject for a music video.
I chose to shoot everything in either panorama or still shots, because I wanted the shots to be easy to follow, and for the music video to be easy to follow and watch. Also the song is simple in terms of the lyrics and melody, so it worked well with the shots I filmed. Also to go with the simple theme I made the clips just cut to each other instead of using a fancy transition, this also made the video easy to watch. I made the pace of the video pretty slow so again, the finish product would be easy to follow. Also because I wanted the audience to be able to see and take everything about each frame in. Plus the song doesn’t have to fast of a beat so the pace of the video came along very nicely.   
By filming everything in Europe and only having a few appearances of the same people, I was easily able to create unity. Also as I mentioned before by using simple shooting style, editing pace and transitions I was able to create unity.
One technical difficulty that I experienced while filming was I couldn't keep the camera still. Due to lack of a tripod I wasn’t able to overcome this problem, I just would have to improve how I held the camera. Another difficulty I had was the editing processes. At first I found it difficult to use Premier Pro, but after some trial and error I was able to figure out the program. 
    Overall I am very happy with the way the final product turned out. I think it looks unified, interesting and well put to together. I do wish my shots looked straighter and were less shaky, but without a tripod I could only do so much. Overall I am super proud of myself and proud of the music video I was able to create over the span of one of the best trips I’ve ever gone on.

No comments:

Post a Comment