Monday, February 8, 2016

Pixel Portraits

            The first step of completing the pixel portraits was finding the right photo to use, this took a couple tries because when you enlarged the photo it would become very pix-elated and hard to see but eventually I found a photo that would work. I then created multiple layers over the photo for each feature of my face and by eye, started to trace over my face using the pencil tool. I used the dropper tool to get the right colour for things like skin and eyes.
           The two images saved as a png and a gif look similar in terms of colour, quality and when they are enlarged. They both become very pix-elated when they are enlarged, they both have the same quality and they both share the same colours that don't differ in both formats. I wanted to accentuate my eyes, mouth and nose in the avatar because they are the features on my face that make it easiest to recognize that the portrait is me. I chose a skin tone with a pinky undertone because it had a nice contrast with the brown hair. I chose a light colours for my eyes and mouth because I wanted them to pop out on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment